Monday, January 14, 2013

Steamed CAULIFLOWER and POMEGRANATE SEEDS

I’ve been trying to be more open in trying different fruits and vegetables, when doing my meal prep. So now I try to pick up a different fruit and a different vegetable to include in my meals for the week.

This week I picked up a batch of pomegranate seeds, and a bag full of cauliflower.  I’ve never really cooked or picked up these items before, so I wasn’t aware of any of their health benefits until I did my research today during my lunch hour, CHECK IT OUT!

The Health Benefits of Pomegranate Seeds:

·         Low in calories

·         High in fiber

·         High in vitamin C (Vitamin C aids in immune system function, wound healing, promotion of healthy gums and the manufacture of collagen and elastin. Vitamin C also enhances iron absorption.)

·         High in vitamin K (Vitamin K is important for maintaining strong, healthy bones as well as proper blood clotting.)

·         High in phytochemicals that may promote heart health and help to prevent cancer.


REFERENCE:

 
The Health Benefits of Steamed Cauliflower:

·         Good source of fiber

·         Omega-3 fatty acids

·         Contains protein

·         Vitamin C

·         Vitamin K

·         Vitamin B6

·         Magnesium

·         Calcium

·         Potassium

 
REFERENCE:


 
http://www.livestrong.com/article/495685-what-are-the-benefits-of-eating-cauliflower/


 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment